A Good Start to a New Project

Saturday morning I went into the weaving studio at Southwest School of Art and got 5-6″ done on my new project, a ruana in hand-dyed and shale 8/2 tercel. I’m doing this in double weave so it will open out the the full width.  All going as planned.  Hopefully.

IMG_3162

And I learned a new trick–rather than tying on to the front beam, I used lashings.  Much easier to tension!

IMG_3161

I was originally concerned that using shale as the weft would obscure the beauty of the hand-dyed yarn.  I planned to audition lemon grass, gold, and silver grey as possible wefts, but started with the shale.  Wow!  It pops out the color on the hand-dyed yarn.  Didn’t need to try anything else, because shale works so well for this.  I love these little victories.

IMG_3171

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s